Oracle WebLogic and Hyperion Shared Services 18.104.22.168
June 17, 2011
Posted by on
While looking for a way to integrate HSS 22.214.171.124, I also explored integrating HSS users with Oracle WebLogic (that came with OBIEE 11g). Turned out that the integration must be done on the RPD level, but there’s no harm of blogging about it. Maybe it’ll even be useful someday. Anyhow, I managed to get BOTH the USERS and GROUPS into WebLogic from HSS. As in the RPD, the integration needs to be done through the OpenLDAP component.
Here’s how I did it
- From the console, http://server:7001/console/, select Security Realms from Home Page.
- Select myrealm
- Create a new Authentication Provider, specify a Name (anything) and select OpenLDAPAuthenticator as the Type. Click OK to Save.
- Now select the new Authentication Provider.
- Select the Provider Specific tab and specify the following
- Host: server where HSS is installed.
- Port: the default HSS port is 28089 for HSS 126.96.36.199.
- Principal: this is the Base DN. Set it to cn=root,dc=css,dc=hyperion,dc=com
- Credential: the default password is security
- User Base DN: ou=People,dc=css,dc=hyperion,dc=com
- User From Name Filter: (&(cssDisplayNameDefault=%u)(objectclass=cssInetOrgPersonExtend))
- User Search Scope: select onelevel
- User Name Attribute: cssDisplayNameDefault
- User Object Class: cssInetOrgPersonExtend
- Group Base DN: ou=Groups,dc=css,dc=hyperion,dc=com
- Group From Name Filter: (&(cssDisplayNameDefault=%g)(objectclass=groupOfUniqueNames))
- Group Search Scope: select onelevel
- Static Group Name Attribute: cssDisplayNameDefault
- Static Group Object Class: groupOfUniqueNames
- Static Member DN Attribute: uniqueMember
- Static Group DNs from Member DN Filter: (&(uniqueMember=%M)(objectclass=groupOfUniqueNames))
- Restart everything. Now go back to myrealm and click Users and Groups. If done correctly, they should all show up.
Thanks to JExplore (LDAP explorer). I couldn’t have figured out nothin’ without it. Peace.